Chimney Waterproofing | ChimneySaver
One of the issues our chimney repair professionals deal with is water damage to the masonry of our customers’ chimneys. Water and chimneys don’t mix, but unfortunately, there’s no way to keep a chimney completely out of the rain and snow.
But there is a way to keep water out of the bricks and mortar, where it can start a cycle of decay that eventually ruins the entire chimney.
That way is ChimneySaver Water Repellant.
How Does it Work?
The water-repellent product made by industry-leader ChimneySaver is a unique formulation that’s applied over a chimney’s masonry and creates a water-tight seal. Water can’t get past it, yet the membrane allows water vapors that build up on the surface of the masonry to escape.
Some Highlights of this Outstanding Chimney Water Repellent
- 10-yr. warranty: Quality & performance is guaranteed
- VOC-compliant: Meets or exceeds volatile organic compound regulations in all 50 states
- Completely vapor-permeable: Your chimney won’t collect surface moisture
- Natural look: Your bricks will look like bricks without a glossy sheen
- Protects against efflorescence: No cycles of incoming water to leech salts from your bricks
- Protects against freeze-thaw cycles: Freezing water inside bricks expands and destroys masonry
- Works on most chimneys: ChimneySaver Water Repellant has been proven effective on most above-grade masonry
Waterproofing Your Chimney Will Save You Money
Huge amounts of money have been spent by homeowners throughout Fairfield County CT and Morris County NJ in repairing water damaged chimneys. National Chimney Service crews encourage our customers to go with professional chimney waterproofing – even if their chimneys aren’t showing signs of water intrusion.
The old saying “a stitch in time saves nine” applies quite well to preventative chimney maintenance. Waterproofing can prevent a wide range of problems including:
- Early deterioration of chimney bricks
- Decay of chimney mortar joints
- Leaky chimney issues
- Strong musty odors coming from the fireplace
- Chimneys that lean to one side
- Chimneys with ugly surfaces due to water damage
- Mold outbreaks
- Rot and deterioration of home building materials near the chimney
- A complete chimney collapse
Further Chimney Safeguards
Along with chimney waterproofing, National Chimney Service provides several other important safeguards to keep your chimney in top shape.
Chimney cap repair/installation
If your chimney cap is damaged, or if you don’t have a cap, we can solve this problem. We repair chimney caps and install full-width protective chimney caps to keep rain, snow, and debris out of your flue.
Chimney flashing repair/replacement
The flashing that seals the gap between your roof and exterior chimney must be sound & tightly sealed. We repair & replace damaged flashing to stop water from moving through the gap.
This is the very first line of defense against all chimney problems. Our skilled inspectors will look over your entire chimney structure and alert you to signs of damage or malfunction so you can get them resolved quickly.
Schedule Chimney Waterproofing Today
If you’d like to know more about chimney waterproofing or schedule service, speak with a chimney expert today at (973) 270-9295 in Morris County NJ or at (203) 614-9765 in Fairfield County CT.
National Chimney Service works throughout Greenwich CT, Rockaway NJ, Bridgeport CT, Jefferson NJ, Ridgefield CT, and all other local communities.